Protect Your Home With Exterior Siding Services
Protect your home against weather, mold, pests, and more with siding services from Thunder Bay. Our Edgewater specialists, Nick and Steve provide our clients with various options for exterior house siding. Siding is the last layer of protection on the exterior of your home and one of the most important ways to shield against common problems.
Different Types of Siding We Install
At Thunder Bay, our siding specialists have more than 20 years of combined experience installing and replacing a wide variety of siding types. We offer free consultations with qualified siding experts, giving you peace of mind before you commit to any of our services. As your local siding company, we’ll walk you through your options and suggest what’s best for your budget and preference.
Vinyl siding is a durable plastic wrapping used for the exterior of a home. It’s been a popular choice in Maryland because of its combined attributes of being affordable, attractive, and easy to maintain. It also has other benefits such as:
- Recyclable — As a plastic resin, vinyl can be recycled and reused, making it more environmentally friendly than other options.
- Versatile — Vinyl exterior siding comes in a wide variety of color combinations and styles.
- Highly Weather Resistant — Vinyl is water-proof so it won’t absorb moisture and easily stands up to rain.
- Lifetime Warranty — Vinyl siding can last 20 to 40 years and comes backed by the manufacturer’s guarantee.
Fiber Cement Siding
Fiber cement siding is a durable material used for residential homes. It’s a popular choice in Maryland because of its combined attributes of being long-lasting, low-maintenance, and versatility in style. It also has other benefits such as:
- Emulates Wood — Fiber cement mimics the look of wood grain, making this man-made option look naturally attractive.
- Pest and Microbial Resistant — The tight seaming in fiber cement makes it almost completely resistant to mold, pests, and rot.
- Fire Resistant — Fiber cement is non-combustible, so your siding won’t burn or add fuel to a fire. This makes the material especially useful for customers in fire-prone regions.
- Highly Weather Resistant — Fiber cement won’t expand or contract with hot and cold, making it much less likely to crack. Additionally, for customers who live on the coast, we highly recommend fiber cement siding, as it will stay resilient against the salty sea air.
Vinyl vs. Fiber Cement Siding Services
While both options have their perks, you may still be wondering which one is the right choice for you. Every home is unique and may call for a different siding material based on factors such as:
- Weather specific to your area
- Your unique tastes
- The style of your home
- Frequency of fires in your location
- Whether or not you live on the coast
With Thunder Bay, choosing the right siding doesn’t have to be hard. Call us at our Edgewater location by dialing 410-956-7663 and we’ll help you get the right siding installed for your specific needs and tastes with a free consultation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Replacing old, or damaged siding with new siding keeps warmth inside while also preventing heat from penetrating your home. This saves you money on heating and cooling bills.
Our vinyl siding option typically lasts 20 to 40 years, while fiber cement can last as long as 50 to 100 years. Our roofing specialists will explain all of the benefits of your new siding option. They’ll also explain how to care for your exterior siding, so you can get the most out of whichever option you choose.
Vinyl siding can be customized to look like wood while fiber cement siding emulates wood after its creation. Thanks to the presence of wood pulp, fiber cement can also be stained and finished just like real wood. The customization options for fiber cement siding and vinyl siding are vast, so be sure to talk to your specialist beforehand about the style you want.
Your siding specialist will be open and honest with you during every step of the process. If there’s a problem with the warranty, we’ll work with you to ensure your siding is affordably installed on time.